Job Title: Category Buyer
Weee!, headquartered in Fremont, California, is the largest and fastest-growing Asian e-grocer in the United States with nearly 2M deliveries fulfilled to date. Weee! is currently available in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, Seattle, and Los Angeles. Weee! was founded in 2015 as a social e-commerce company to enable affordable access to hard-to-find and fresh Asian ingredients directly from the source. By partnering with local suppliers and leveraging proprietary demand forecasting technology, Weee! is reshaping the grocery supply chain entirely. Weee! has received $40M in funding to date from Goodwater Capital, iFly.vc, Silicon Valley Bank, Amino Capital, VMG, XVC, and Welight Capital. For more information, please visit www.sayweee.com, follow us at @isayweee on Twitter, or check out our apps on iOS and Android.
As a Category Buyer, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments for our customers at Weee!. It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touchpoints – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high-quality products and live better.
- Owns sales and gross profit margin.
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories.
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for junior buyers.
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans.
- 3+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection - Seafood and Meat preferred.
- Industry background required.
- In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders.
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in an extremely competitive environment.
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Bilingual (English and Chinese).
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Free lunch daily, catered by local restaurants.
- Annual bonus opportunities.
- Company stock options.
- Vacation and holiday time off.
- Monthly mobile stipend.
- Monthly Weee! Points credit.
- Valuable opportunity to grow into your dream role by contributing to a venture-backed startup in a high-growth stage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.