We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Accounting Intern to join our collaborative Accounting/Finance team. As the Accounting Intern at Purpose, you will be responsible for helping make the daily accounting operations of our company run smoothly. The ideal candidate is eager to learn, has demonstrated knowledge and comprehensive understanding of accounting principles. You will be very involved in day-to-day operational activities, where you'll have an immediate impact on the team.
You will work on a multitude of accounting activities, including: Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), and many special ad hoc projects. You will have the opportunity to help build and grow our accounting function.
The duration of the internship is 3 months with a possibility for extension.
- Accounting Intern
- Support month and quarter end close process
- Creation and maintenance of Excel-based financial reports
- Support customer billing, A/R follow-up and collections
- Assist accounting staff with time, vendor and staff expense reports
- Maintain and assist in the preparation of client budgets
- Support team with ad hoc requests, special projects and process improvements as needed