Forest Lawn is seeking a Bilingual Sales Office Manager to join our Advance Planning Sales Team in the San Gabriel Valley Region. They will be well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a sales office environment.
Forest Lawn has always attracted unique and exceptional individuals; those who aren’t satisfied with simply building a career, but want to go home at the end of the day knowing they’ve made a profound and positive difference in people’s lives. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Review and approve Time & Attendance system of the Sales Office Assistant and new sales personnel
- Track weekly reports
- Submit employee data changes to Human Resources
- Review all property contracts and insurance applications submitted by sales personnel for accuracy, validity of lead source, and account for all funds submitted.
- Examine and review all commission statements, review reports to ascertain accuracy, and coordinate any corrections or discrepancies.
- Manage office budget, and petty cash for the office.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Assist with At-Need families with funeral arrangements as needed.
- Manage and resolve minor technology issues in the office
- May assist Field Sales Manager with the training of new sales representatives.
- Interface between sales personnel and Funeral Planning Insurance Company about newly issued and existing policies.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data and client family information.
- Support and encourage sales personnel with sales activities
- Manage deeds and ensure fair distribution
- Track special promotions, events, and reservations.
- Maintain do not call lists
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and assure discreet handling of all business.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED required
- AA or BA degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in sales environment or management experience.
- Attainment of Limited Life Insurance License within six months upon hire will be required
Other Qualifications, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast pace environment
- Must have positive, supportive, and motivating attitude and demeanor
- Bilingual English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is required
- Knowledge of CRM system preferred but not required
- Type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook,
- Ability to learn additional skills as needed.
Must have some Flexibility in schedule , working weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
Forest Lawn will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance