Coherent is looking to fill an immediate temporary opening for a Finance Analyst to financial support to a Coherent business unit. The ideal candidate is a fast learner with tactical financial support experience in a high-tech industry. Main responsibilities include forecasting, budgeting, cost accounting and SOX support as well as reporting and analysis for the business.
Duties and qualifications include the following:
- Collaborate with cost center managers, functional leaders & Finance Business Partners in developing annual budgets / quarterly projections; including clear documentation of assumptions & posting in Oracle / Hyperion.
- Record month-end journal entries (accruals, reclasses, charge in / outs, & prepaid amortization) for all cost centers supported; ensure accurate reporting of financial results in Oracle / Hyperion.
- Analyze financial variances for cost center actuals, projections, and budget.
- Compile Month-End Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Support audit requests from internal / external audit.
- Perform monthly review of pilot account balances and work with cost center managers to determine capitalization timing.
- Ad-hoc analytical support for cost center managers on an as-needed basis.
Education and Work Experience:
- At least 3 years of finance/accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- BS in Finance/Accounting.
- Systems skills and expertise in Excel with Oracle and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Good collaboration skills and the aptitude to navigate between transactional duties and higher-level evaluations.
click to apply