Job Description Summary
Travelers has built a solid reputation as a leading insurance company and employs some of the most talented, passionate people in the industry and provides endless opportunities for those willing to reach for them. With over 105 years of experience in property risk control and safety management, plus leading industrial hygiene, fire and forensics laboratories, Travelers Risk Control has the expertise to provide customers with recommendations to help control hazards and reduce risks of property damage or injury. If you’re driven and passionate about what you do and work each day to make an impact, you might be interested in an opportunity with Travelers.
Under direct supervision, the main responsibility of this internship opportunity is to develop risk control and general insurance industry knowledge, and to assist in providing risk control support to home office leadership, and commercial field consultants. The Risk Control Safety Intern will work with a Field Director and mentor on a special project that is dependent on business need. This individual will gain a broader understanding of field operations via co-surveys and report reviews, as well as the Risk Control enterprise as a whole.
This 10-12 week, paid position is a virtual experience, with the potential of full-time conversion to Irvine, Walnut Creek, or Rancho Cordova, California.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing, conducting, and completing virtual risk evaluations of client locations in order to determine the potential hazards and risk factors to be considered in risk selection.
- Identifying uncontrolled hazards and making appropriate recommendations to involve consulting with clients on ways to control hazards to help them reduce, mitigate, or prevent loss.
- Researching and applying technical information to support current risk control service efforts.
- Attending co-surveys (may be done virtually) with experienced Risk Control staff to learn and develop consulting skills.
- Collaborating with Underwriting, Claim, Clients, Business Partners within our Business Insurance unit, and other Risk Control staff.
- Completing one Capstone project and presentation to senior management on a relevant Risk Control topic.
- Ensuring timely completion of assignments.
- Performing other duties as assigned.