1. Office administration practices and procedures.
2. Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
3. District rules, policies and procedures applicable to assigned areas of work.
4. Record keeping and filing practices and procedures.
1. Operate a computer and other standard office equipment.
2. Organize and maintain office files.
3. Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, in English and a designated second language as needed.
4. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
5. Learn and apply new information and skills.
6. Use tact, discretion and courtesy in dealing with sensitive situations.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with District administrators, staff, parents, students and others encountered in the course of work.
Education, Training, and Experience:
1. Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
2. One (1) year of office administrative or secretarial experience
3. Or some combination of education, training and experience that produces the requisite knowledge and ability.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
Some positions in this class may be required to use a second designated language.