The technical analyst will collect, organize and analyze data from multiple government and private sources for various projects of the Woods Center for Economic Analysis and Forecasting. The Analyst will use econometric and other analytical models to construct forecasts and will prepare draft reports.
• Regular collection of data as needed for multiple Center projects from private and publics data bases
• Organization of data in usable form and for websites
• Data analysis in line with project goals
• Applying multiple statistical and econometric models to analyze and create forecasts
• Draft report writing
OTHER DUTIES: • Other duties as assigned.
• M.A. in economics
• Strong oral and written English communication skills
• Knowledge of and experience with econometric and forecasting techniques
• Knowledge of and experience with Eviews and other economic forecasting software
• Knowledge of and experience with using advanced Excel, PowerPoint and other quantitative software
• Knowledge of and at least 5-year experience with data collection and organization using multiple private and public sources
• Knowledge of and a minimum of 5-years’ experience using taxable sales, demographic, housing and employment related data bases for Orange County, California and the US
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Experience working with local agencies • Research experience with local and state socio-economic issues
EDUCATION: Masters degree in economics with emphasis on quantitative analysis.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or (657) 278-4117. A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASC. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASC employees who apply for the position. CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note: CSUF/ASC follows the direction of the CSU Policy related to COVID-19 vaccination. See FAQ Vaccines for more information.