The Financial Analyst (Budgeting) will be responsible for the annual preparation and ongoing maintenance of CalOptima's operating budget, monthly variance analyses, and requisition approval. The incumbent will also be a resource for ad-hoc business analysis.
• Supports the preparation and development of annual operating and capital budgets by collaborating with department business owners.
• Assists with department inquiries on budget related issues and conducts research to provide recommendations.
• Prepares, analyzes, and reconciles financial data from the agency's operations.
• Prepares and maintains monthly and quarterly financial reports using financial reporting and accounting software.
• Maintains capital project reconciliation report and monitors capital expenditures.
• Reviews purchase requisitions and travel and training requests to ensure compliance with Board approved budget and policies.
• Functions as purchasing requisition system co-administrator.
• Responsible for ad-hoc reporting and analysis for management and business owners.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability to:
• Understand data requests (scope and purpose) and to produce accurate and useful reports.
• Work independently or with little direction with strong initiative and meet established deadlines.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively on group projects.
• Cross-train and back-up other areas of the department.
• Be detail-oriented and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with CalOptima leadership and staff.
• Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and job-specific applications/systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains, SQL) to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
• 2 years of accounting, finance, or budgeting experience, preferably in the health care or insurance industry, required.
• 3 years of accounting, finance, or budgeting experience, preferably in the health care or insurance industry strongly preferred.
• Experience in developing complex reports using financial reporting software (i.e., Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains) preferred.
• Accounting and financial principles and methodologies.
• Principles and practices of the health care industry and strategies, health care systems, capitated risk contracting, provider network structures and risk sharing arrangements.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.