The Systems Operations Analyst, Intermediate supports the user community by maintaining accurate Information Systems. The incumbent will provide operational support as applicable. Responsible for all production and test batch processing. Supports the user community with resolving desktop issues or user requests. The incumbent will also process incoming and outgoing data traffic between the organization and CalOptima vendors or business partners. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Database Administrators, Business Analysts, and Programmers with testing, monitoring and implementation of code and procedure updates. This level performs more complex projects and focused assignments.
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for batch and provide general desktop support.
• Identifies, investigates, and resolves production problems involving application systems, storage allocation, device assignments, complex job streams, file transfers, and run schedules.
• Process, monitor, respond, and resolve production jobs, electronic data transmission, and systems alerts.
• Leads quality assurance reviews of batch processes and operational process improvements; reviews and ensures accuracy of written batch standard operating procedures.
• Performs trending analysis to identify reoccurring batch problems and implements quality controls for prevention of errors.
• Develops and ensures completeness and accuracy of production turnovers documentation to next shift.
• Participates in complex project work requiring advance planning of system resources and effective communication across diverse teams.
• Performs cross-training to Operations Analysts in batch and scheduling procedures.
• Be available for on-call support for any production processing issues.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
• Demonstrate expertise using batch management tools such as Control-M and file transfer tools such as Internet Protocol (IP) Switch.
• Perform analysis and diagnose complex Information System (IS) batch processing issues.
• Utilize knowledge of batch processing and desktop troubleshooting experience to make effective strategic recommendations to the user community and programming staff.
• Translate technical terminology and explanations into user-friendly descriptions and narratives.
• Manage and optimize the batch schedules and dependencies.
• Utilize enterprise computer and user management tools such as Active Directory and HPSIM.
• Master balancing batch processing tasks and daily operational tasks to achieve optimal outcome.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, across diverse teams.
• Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2+ years' experience with desktop hardware and software troubleshooting techniques required.
• 1+ year of enterprise computing experience on both hardware and software required.
• 2+ years' experience in batch operations using batch management tools such as Control-M and file transfer tools such as Internet Protocol (IP) Switch is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or related field preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in IT Operations is preferred.
• 2+ years college-level course work in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• Medical Management System.
• File Transfer Client (FTC) and server software.
• Encryption, data compression applications, and basic Structured Query Language (SQL) statements.
• Advanced Personal Computer (PC) skills (Office 365, Desktop Support).
• Network Management.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations with 72-hour notice by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California, United States
Salar$55,000.00 - $71,000.00 Annually
Location 505 City Parkway West, 92868, Orange, CA
Closing date and time
6/4/2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana