The Data Warehouse (DW) Programmer/Analyst works in conjunction with the Data Warehouse team to develop and support organization-wide reporting, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), data warehouse, and data analysis technologies. The DW Programmer/Analyst shall participate in gathering and documenting requirements, designing, and building reporting solutions for internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent will participate in the design and development of data warehouse and reporting infrastructure using SQL Server technologies as well as other processes that utilize XML, VB scripting, and C# scripting.
• Plans, develops, and supports ETL processes to populate the operational data stores, data warehouse, and data marts as required.
• Improves overall business and system performance by using analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills.
• Designs, develops, and implements reports as necessary to fulfill business requirements.
• Participates in the development of business and functional requirements for Data Warehouse related projects.
• Takes part in Business Intelligence working sessions, data normalization, and governance exercises.
• Serves as a subject matter expert across the organization; assists users with reporting and analysis activities and tools, including ad hoc reporting.
• Partners with the Project Manager to ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements and policies.
• Studies, evaluates, and documents current and future business processes.
• Supports user training and documentation, along with the roll-out of reports and end-user reporting tools.
• Maintains effective working relationships with the DW Team, other Information Services teams, and the organization.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Develop and maintain code using Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Develop and maintain code using XML, VB scripting and C# scripting.
• Expand and maintain designs of complex information systems through formal design techniques.
• Enlarge and maintain a robust development environment that ensures version control, testing, and deployment of enterprise wide information systems.
• Demonstrate advanced techniques for reviewing and trouble-shooting complex code designs written by multiple developers, reverse engineering, identifying incompatibilities and providing alternatives for improved design and performance.
• Receive direction, accept constructive feedback and to be diplomatic when reviewing work of others.
• Solve problems and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff and outside vendors.
• Have exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, managers and supervisors, customers/clients, and members of the public.
• Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field, and/or relevant experience in Information Technology required.
• 3 years general relational database and reporting development experience required.
• 3 years of experience with Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing analysis and development including database design, ETL, and reporting required.
• 3 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server, Transact-SQL, Integration Services, and using reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services required.
• 2 years of experience using Business Intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) required.
• Experience using modeling techniques as a tool for application design and development preferred.
• Server software operation, maintenance, and extension (using various programming tools) and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to multiple server platforms.
• SQL Server development including database design and stored procedures (advanced level).
• SSIS package design and development (advanced level).
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), including report design and development (advanced level).
• Microsoft Online analytical processing (OLAP) tools and analysis constructs (advanced level).
• Software Development Life Cycle Methodology.
• Microsoft Office Suite, Access, Visio, and Project.