join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
click to apply
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for college & university students engage in practical experience to further their technology educational goals. You will support engineering projects involving research, conceptual design, innovative technologies, diagnostics, manufacturing principles, and core processes in product development. If you are energetic and enthusiastic with knowledge and interest in mechanical technologies, electronics technologies, or design & drafting, this internship could be a good match for you. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
- Working directly with a mentor in your field of study, perform technical assignments with a basic degree of complexity.
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientific staff in research and development projects to find solutions to real world problems.
- Under close supervision, participate in research in assigned area.
- Utilize standard software packages common in your discipline to complete common tasks.
- Gather and analyze data or information in support of engineering research.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Share technical information and promote open dialogue.
- Attend relevant seminars, facility tours, and interact with other students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a college student in good academic standing, enrolled at an accredited institution pursuing a bachelor's degree, associate's degree, or a recent grad with an associate's degree in mechanical engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, design/drafting, or other technology related field.
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer.
- A sustained record of outstanding academic performance.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment utilizing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Technical project experience.
- Familiarity with tools associated to your field of study.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is fora full-time position during the summer academic break; a co-op position, full-time during the academic semester/quarter, or a year-round part-time position during the academic year and full time during academic breaks. Refer to the Scholar Program website at https://scholars.llnl.gov/ for additional student employment information.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applyingcutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
|全職， 06/02/2020 07:53 AM||
|全職， 06/02/2020 07:50 AM||
|全職， 06/02/2020 07:46 AM||
|兼職， 06/02/2020 12:15 AM|
|全職， 06/01/2020 11:31 PM|