Summer 2020 - HBO Max, TBS/TNT Publicity Intern (Burbank)
Posted Under: Burbank, California jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 91520
Posted On: 2020-02-22
Req ID: 174782 Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedias direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedias rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
Creates and executes awards and publicity campaigns from start to finish for all HBO Max, TBS, TNT and truTV shows
Coordinates interviews and appearances in support of the shows
Organizes elaborate events for awards season, show premieres, critics and press tours, and more
Manages all talent relations and representative communications
Handles all publicity and marketing-related travel and coordinates full itineraries
The Daily * Be a vital part of the show publicity team as well as support events, awards and talent relations
* Prepare detailed schedules (both internal and external) for talent press appearances and large-scale events
* Help with coordinating and booking all talent travel for events and publicity appearances
* Brainstorm, participate in planning and work onsite at premieres, awards shows and other talent-facing events
* Build and maintain targeted media lists and track coverage for major stories
* Edit and proofread press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, loglines, etc.The Essentials
* Studied or is currently studying communications, public relations or a related field
* Extremely attentive to detail with strong editing and communications skills
* Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department
* Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent
* Experience in publicity, talent relations or event planning is a plus
* Key Takeaways
* Gain a comprehensive understanding of entertainment public relations
* Be involved directly in all stages of press campaigns and major events
* Network with professionals at all levels, both within and outside of the PR team The Perks
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!Networking opportunities to meet people that youd like to know!A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Hourly rate for this position is $15.00 Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Positions will be filled on an ongoing basis - Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website
Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.