About Dexcom: Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Summary:Our department is looking for a Data Analyst Intern who can manage and work alongside a team to query and compile post-market product information to support ad-hoc data requests and periodically generate custom-formatted metrics to support business needs.
click to apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in various databases and with Business Intelligence to pull information from verified and validated sources to track and trend post-market product complaint data.
- Create charts, graphs, and other visualizations for inter-departmental communication of Post-Market Product Surveillance data.
- Must be able to discuss information in a way that is understandable for those not familiar with the data.
- Work with various departments to provide data relevant to their business processes and data needs.
- Assists in monitoring post-market product complaint data to identify potential product performance issues for elevation.
- Supports the execution of daily metrics to Customer Advocacy Management team to monitor department performance.
- Supports the execution of weekly metrics to Customer Advocacy Management team to monitor product performance.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Review requests in the Complaint Data Request inbox and/or Sharepoint queue.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple short-term deadlines, frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Perform due diligence information gathering.
- Assist in Identifying product issues and escalate them as appropriate.
- Assist in executing projects that further the improvement and efficiency of the department.
- Data mining experience with Python, pandas, or SQL databases.
- Data visualization experience with Python visualization libraries, Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Electronic Quality Systems
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and skills to analyze data problems and propose solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, process and use case modeling, and data mapping.
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates.
- Preferred degrees: CIS, MIS, IT or other technical related major.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau.
- Experience in the field of diabetes.
- Experience with system integrations.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires 0-2 years of related experience and a High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors degree (BS) in a technical field such as computer science, computer programming, information technology, information assurance, or similar
- Work at this level requires following standardized, routine methods, under immediate supervision.
- Assignments are routine in nature and expectation is to follow pre-established guidelines and procedures.
- Contacts are mostly within own team and immediate supervisor.
- Little responsibility for decisions as to method or selection of work.
- Receives detailed instructions on routine work and new assignments.
- Works under close supervision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.