At Lyft, community is who we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. As a data science team, we work collaboratively with partners across product, engineering, operations and growth to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. We’re looking for passionate data scientists to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in ridesharing.
You’ll work in an environment where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation. Data Scientists pursue a variety of problems ranging from understanding our passengers and drivers, to ensuring we have an efficient marketplace, to optimizing how we run our marketing and growth incentives. You’ll dig into the data to uncover insights, design experiments and measure the impact, and help influence decision-making across the entire organization.
You will report into a Science Manager.
- Build and automate relevant models and reporting for important business processes
- Design and analyze experiments to increase engagement with the Lyft platform
- Perform deep-dives into our customer data to understand passenger and driver behavior
- Partner and develop strong relationships with diverse teams across product, marketing, and engineering
- Develop strong hypotheses, create solutions, and uncover business insights to increase growth
- Pursuing B.S/M.S. in economics, applied math, statistics or another quantitative field
- Comfortable working with very large datasets
- Experience analyzing data in R or Python; proficiency in SQL a plus
- Previous industry internship experience at technology company
- Effective communication skills; detail-oriented
- Passion for community, sustainability, or transportation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, generous paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.