Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
San Francisco, California
- Are you looking for an opportunity to use your enthusiasm for Java, Python and/or Ruby?
- Are you interested in expanding your understanding multithreading, and coding on both the browser and the server?
- Have you taken classes, worked on capstone projects or done high-value open source projects?
- Do you have projects on Github or Stackoverflow? We would LOVE to take the time to roam through your great stuff!
As an Intern at New Relic, you will join our Product team for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning in either May or June and spend 10-12 weeks working as a valued member of our engineering team.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineering Intern at New Relic, you provide our customers with real-time insights so they can innovate faster. You will work with a team that is building a brand new set of product components for New Relic’s customers. This involves creating high-throughput backend services and flexible, easy-to-use front-end components.
This is an opportunity to work on a team that values both collaboration and individual focus to solve difficult engineering problems. We support each other to do our best work through positive communication and continuous improvement.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited university
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship
- Experience building a user experience that customers love
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Background in learning new technologies
- You are curious about how modern browsers work, the vast amounts of data they process and what that data can tell you about your app.
- You should be prepared to share samples of your Github, Stackoverflow or other project work
- Degree focus in Computer Science preferred
- Participation in university clubs
- Examples - SWE, WiCS, SHPE, NSBE, Hacker teams, and any others focusing on the professional development of your computer science skills
- Leadership experience in clubs or on projects
- Exposure to mob coding
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship. Note that we do not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future work authorization.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet. During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.