TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
As an intern with TriNet’s Finance team you will be assigned a variety of engaging and challenging hands-on corporate tax accounting tasks.
You will gain knowledge of accounting, finance, and tax theory and practice with an emphasis on developing skills in the department you are assigned. Working closely with your assigned department lead, you will understand key aspects of how their department functions.
You will assist with documenting and supporting initiatives for process improvement and SOX compliance. You will also perform analysis, prepare well documented work papers, ensure the controls function as intended, and provide monthly reporting within the required deadlines.
You will be required to complete a management designated capstone project and present the results to upper management at the end of the internship.
- *This is paid internship**
•Assist with preparation of tax accounting and compliance workbooks to meet internal deadlines
• Support SOX compliance and audit request relating to assigned areas of the business
• Support preparation of special tax projects
• Support implementing process improvements as appropriate
• Assist and supports cross functional projects as necessary
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
• Present assigned projects to management
• Fully participate in a culture of professionalism and collaboration to inspire an environment which is customer centric, responsive, and fun
•Willingness to learn and develop new skills
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Junior or senior undergraduate students with a declared major in accounting/finance/business/management or graduate students in Master of Accounting/Masters in Taxation
• Minimum 3.0 GPA in core business classes
• Previous relevant internship/work experience preferred
• Academic leadership or extra-curricular activity involvement preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with various levels of the organization.
• Ability to follow up on pending issues, take initiative and solve problems
• Proficiency with MS Excel and Word
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and progressive environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Sitting for long periods of time is necessary
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.