Click to apply
Accounting Intern (Part Time) Spring 2020
American Society of Civil Engineers
Burbank, CA 91502
Be a part of an innovative team and culture?
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controller??s Group of the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG). The Controllers Group oversees the accounting, consolidation, and reporting functions for the Broadcast and Cable Divisions of DATG. The Broadcast Division consists of the ABC Television Network, Owned Television Stations, and Domestic and International TV Distribution. The Cable Division consists of the Worldwide Disney Channels, ABC Family, Radio Disney, the TV Animation groups, and our 50 percent interest in the A+E Networks.
A Day in the Life??€?
* ABC TV Entertainment Group Quarterly Close
* Prepare Radio Disney financial deliverables and variance analysis (Balance Sheet and P&L)
* Prepare all journal entries for Radio Disney Entertainment group
* Prepare and analyze the Affiliate Revenue allocation
* Prepare quarterly account reconciliations
* Analyze and complete the Minimum Control Standard questionnaires
* Work closely with DATG? Reporting and Finance groups to answer questions and resolve issues
* Assist in preparation of the quarterly Representation Letter that is delivered to Corporate
* Assist in the preparation of DATG-specific information included in the Company??€?™s quarterly earnings release, 10Q/K disclosures, and MD&A
* Actively engage in post close improvement reviews
* Support Radio Disney operations team by creating purchase orders and processing invoices to analyze actuals compared to budget
* Vendor set up
* Managing project budgets
* Other ad hoc projects and requests
Basic Qualifications :
What We Are Looking For??€?
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and work ethic
* Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
* Ability to manage competing priorities
* Hands-on, self-motivated, and deadline-oriented
* Proficient in Excel
Required Education :
* Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelors undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
Preferred Education :
* Progress toward CPA Candidacy
Additional Information :
* Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. Availability must be between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM
* Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 to June 2020
* Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
* Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Internal Number: 699943BR
* Arts / Entertainment / Media
Posted: 2019-09-11 Expires: 2019-10-11
microsoft excel, accounting, finance, journal entries, certified public accountant, organization, variance analysis, consolidation, work ethic, reconciliation, balance sheet, purchase orders, work well independently, reporting, reviews