Business :The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 27, 2019
Click to apply
Be a part of an innovative team and culture
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controllers Group of the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG). The Controllers Group oversees the accounting, consolidation, and reporting functions for the Broadcast and Cable Divisions of DATG. The Broadcast Division consists of the ABC Television Network, Owned Television Stations, and Domestic and International TV Distribution. The Cable Division consists of the Worldwide Disney Channels, ABC Family, Radio Disney, the TV Animation groups, and our 50 percent interest in the A+E Networks.
A Day in the Life
* ABC TV Entertainment Group Quarterly Close
* Prepare Radio Disney financial deliverables and variance analysis (Balance Sheet and P&L)
* Prepare all journal entries for Radio Disney Entertainment group
* Prepare and analyze the Affiliate Revenue allocation
* Prepare quarterly account reconciliations
* Analyze and complete the Minimum Control Standard questionnaires
* Work closely with DATGs Reporting and Finance groups to answer questions and resolve issues
* Assist in preparation of the quarterly Representation Letter that is delivered to Corporate
* Assist in the preparation of DATG-specific information included in the Companys quarterly earnings release, 10Q/K disclosures, and MD&A
* Actively engage in post close improvement reviews
* Support Radio Disney operations team by creating purchase orders and processing invoices to analyze actuals compared to budget
* Vendor set up
* Managing project budgets
* Other ad hoc projects and requests
What We Are Looking For
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and work ethic
* Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
* Ability to manage competing priorities
* Hands-on, self-motivated, and deadline-oriented
* Proficient in Excel
* Working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelors undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
* Progress toward CPA Candidacy
* Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. Availability must be between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM
* Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 to June 2020
* Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
* Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Companys powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, youll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disneys stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.