Marketing - Communications and Social Media Intern
Instabeat - Los Angeles, CA
Internship$15 an hour
click to apply
* High School Diploma or GED
* Time Management
* Project Management
* Adobe Photoshop
* Analysis Skills
Thanks for your interest in our post. Are you a swimmer or triathlete that has an aptitude for marketing and social media? Interested in a part time Internship position of 15-20 hours a week? We'd like to meet you.
We are a leading technology company changing the face of swimming with our wearable device. We give swimmers and triathletes a new way to train and measure performance with real time heart rate feedback and mobile app analytics.
Qualified interns should be able to write content for social media and establish brand awareness, visibility and affiliate marketing relationships with social media influencers, social media advertisers and social media sites.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
* Competitive swimming experience (anything from being on the high school swim team to a semi competitive triathlete)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Two years of social media management experience
* Experience with social media and ad campaign platforms
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics
* Experience identifying and creating campaigns for target audiences
* Excellent analytical and time-management skills
* Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects
* Demonstrate our product at the pool to media outlets, influencers and athletes.
* Develop and implement social media brand strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand/company awareness and capture online leads
* Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
* Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and others
* Manage company blog and editorial calendar that aligns with social updates
* Monitor social media progress using web analytic tools
* Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research best ways to increase traffic
* Drive engagement with social media influencers
* Resolve customer issues through social media
* Create engaging written and visual content for blog
* Write effective, concise copy for multiple platforms, websites, and social networks
* You love to swim
* You are self motivated, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
* You are fully entrenched in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
* You want to work hard and be part of a fun, growing company.
* You balance your life with work as you see fit (as long as you are fully dedicated to the role).
* You like writing and are good at it, and have strong proofreading capabilities.
* You are organized and can work independently.
* You like having a variety of challenges and touch on all facets of marketing.
* It never gets boring and you will learn more than you can imagine.
* You are an extroverted, very social person. You love interacting with ALL kinds of people and getting to know new people.
Please reply to this post with a marketing writing sample and a few words about what type of swimmer you are.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
* relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
* Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
social media, social media marketing, facebook, adobe photoshop, marketing communications, writing, twitter, google analytics, proofreading, editorial, instagram, web content, youtube, web analytics, pinterest