UI Software Engineer Intern
Daimler - Sunnyvale, CA
Estimated: $74,000 - $100,000 a year Education
* Bachelor's Degree
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Gym Membership
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled engineering intern to help us develop a UI Software Framework for next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles at our R&D headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This role will work closely with our software development teams in the US and Germany to define and implement software architectures on the latest automotive embedded platforms.
* Execute our strategy to develop a UI Software Framework for use as an innovation platform
* Evaluate new features and system requirements by developing working prototypes
* Design, implement, and test reusable software components for embedded platforms
* Participate in an Agile working model together with development teams in various time zones
* Debug and analyze the performance and system resource usage of software modules
Skills and Requirements -
* Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Pursuing Bachelors degree in Computer Science, software engineering or related field;
Minimum skills required :
* Strong programming skills and understanding of object oriented programming.
* Ability to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams, across multiple time zones
* Ability to analyze complex problems, recognizes and explains connections between cause-and-effect, and develops concrete, viable solutions, taking risks and obstacles into account
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in UI development for automotive infotainment and navigation applications.
* Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Scrum)
* Minimum years of experience required:
Appropriate Academic and project experience
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Check out our open jobs here. Learn more about MBRDNA and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Organization : Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Primary Location : United States of America-California-Sunnyvale
Work Locations : 309 N Pastoria Ave,Silicon Val 309 N Pastoria Ave,Silicon Val Sunnyvale 94085