InternshipEstimated: $28,000 - $36,000 a year
Click to apply
VMI Worldwide - Los Angeles, CA
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Office
* Organizational Skills
* Flexible Schedule
Vantage Media International, LLC 2019 Accounting Internship (UNPAID)
VMI Worldwide is one of the leading, intercontinental sales, film finance and production companies based in the heart of the movie making capital of the world, Hollywood, California. Founded in 2010 by Andre Relis, VMI has an impeccable reputation in the industry by building a strong collaborative and transparent relationship with filmmakers, financiers, and distributors. VMIs mandate is to support high quality independent filmmaking from all sides of the spectrum. By bringing together visionary talented filmmakers and collaborating with financiers and distributors, VMI empowers its filmmakers by providing the support needed to facilitate production. VMI's goal is to establish long-term partnerships by building strong and honest relationships, while acquiring and producing cast-driven, commercial and marketable feature films, documentaries and TV content.
VMIs accounting department is offering an unpaid student internship during the summer of 2019 and potentially continuing on a part-time basis throughout the academic year. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.
* Reconcile bank and credit card accounts on a monthly basis through utilization of online banking software
* Invoice clients and receive payments
* Assist with quarterly producer reports
* Monthly financial statement review and analysis
* Assist with payroll processing
* Complete special projects as needed
* Administrative assistance as needed
* Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local university, with a major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level, with current GPA of 3.0 or above.
* Must be eligible to receive academic credit.
* Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook. (Familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus.)
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
* Flexible hours (Hours of operation are 9:30am-6:30pm, Monday through Friday)
* Must be available to work 15-30 hours/week during the summer (10-20 hours/week during the academic year)
* Receive direct supervision from the Controller
* Learn about accounting operations including A/P, A/R, journal entries, bank and credit card reconciliations, monthly
financial statement review and analysis, etc.
* Learn Quickbooks software which is currently used by many companies large and small
* Build resume and explore career options
* Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
* Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in class schedule
* Daily meal stipend provided
* Upon successful completion of internship, will be provided with letter of recommendation
Job Type: Internship
* relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
* Other forms
* One location
* Flexible schedule
* No weekends
* Day shift