Click to apply
* Bachelor's Degree
* High School Diploma or GED
* Email Marketing
* Digital Marketing
* Customer Service
* Flexible Schedule
United Scope is the #1 online retailer for microscopes and accessories in the U.S. Founded in 2013, the Company was formed through the merger of two predecessor firms, AmScope and OMAX. By merging, United Scope became the premier online retailer of microscopy solutions. In 2018, the Company expanded to Europe by acquiring Euromex, a leading offline provider of microscopes, cameras and related products in Europe. Our firm is a high-growth, marketing driven, dynamic organization with operations globally. Since day one our formula for success has been simple: create a high-impact, supportive culture where immensely talented people are encouraged to be brilliant at what they do.
The Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to augment their academic experience with a hands-on learning environment. The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting with tasks and projects while collaborating with key members of the marketing team. Responsibilities include: assisting in email marketing workflow, social media management, data analytics reporting, e-commerce back-end maintenance and more. This position reports directly to the Digital Marketing Manager of United Scope.
* Assist marketing team with daily tasks and projects.
* Initiate social media strategy and manage social channel marketing
* Assist in building targeted email marketing campaigns
* Provide marketing team support with marketing initiatives
* Actively participate in meetings, brainstorming, and opportunity planning
* Create/ Curate relevant content for our target audience
* Update e-commerce website and work with the backend platform Magento
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Basic knowledge of digital marketing principles and social media
* Previous customer service, marketing, or sales experience preferred
* Working knowledge of Excel
* Action oriented, adaptable, and proven ability to operate within a fast paced working environment
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize critical and time sensitive priorities
* Willingness to roll-up your sleeves at get involved at any level
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Previous working knowledge of email marketing platforms a plus
* Full Time over Summer with part time availability during school year with ability to commit to a 6 month internship.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Pursuing a Bachelors degree (B.S.) from four-year University in communications, marketing, or business.
* We are located in Irvine, CA and offer a college credit with an hourly wage.
* United Scope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Scope does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $15.00 /hour
* relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* One location
* Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
* Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
* Monday to Friday