- Job ID: 70003594
- Job Family: Internship
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people lead energy more efficiently.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with substantial work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2019 and an estimated end date of August/September 2019.
We offer these programs with the belief that learning and development are important parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, intern project expo, and cross-company networking.
We are big supporters that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT:
This position will have exposure to different facets of Supply Chain Management. You will interact with suppliers, sourcing, contracting/negotiations, contract management, logistics – warehousing, materials handling and management, distributions, procurement, purchase order, and P2P processes.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Participate and support Procurement to Payables (P2P) processes (e.g., sourcing, contracting, negotiations, award/post award contract management)
- Support the development and analysis of internal/external category management spend fact bases
- Participate in strategic sourcing studies, benchmarking, forecasts, and cost projections with minor to moderate impact on business and operational strategy
- Support process improvement initiatives in areas such as Supply Excellence, Procurement, Inventory, Warehousing, Logistics, and other supply chain functional areas
- Work on procurement activities, such as redlining contracts, external market intelligence, data analytics, building dashboards and leading Supply Chain master data
- Attend, facilitate and participate in various procurement forums
- Currently be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or a related field at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Cumulative 2.8 GPA or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong research, sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, processes, systems, and technologies.
- Attention to detail and the ability to build interpersonal relationships with clients, peers and management.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Location: Rosemead
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- There are 4 position available in Supply Chain Management.
- Relocation will not be provided.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TT
Click to apply