Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with meaningful work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2019 and an estimated end date of August/September 2019.
SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are meaningful parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, intern project expo, and cross-company networking.
We're big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
About Operational Services – Corporate Real Estate:
Operational Services (OS) impacts the success of every area of the company. We lead the responsibility to keep our employees, facilities and the public safe. We also monitor, benchmark and improve processes with integrity and compliance. From our supply chain, with the goods and services we purchase and store, to being a trusted partner in maintaining a robust transmission and distribution system, our work helps SCE sustain a safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy grid. Operational and service excellence is our main objective in everything we do.
Corporate Real Estate leads key elements of the company’s properties and related services: Facility Management Services, Planning and Architectural Design, Engineering and Construction, Office Space Leasing, Repair and Maintenance, Workplace Moves, Space Planning, Space Governance, General Office Café and Catering, and SCE Location Maps.
Typical responsibilities for this internship include administrative and project management related support functions for any or all of the following CRE functional groups as the Intern may have experience or interest:
Strategic Planning & Space:
- Assist Business Relationship Managers in fielding and evaluating client project initiation requests, contrasted with Long Range Facility Plans.
- Attend client meetings to identify and develop project scopes.
- Develop, prioritize and track project initiation documentation and routing for partner approval.
- Organization and development of General Rate Case documentation including project delivery strategy and budget projections.
Project Management Organization:
- Participate in project scoping, conceptual solutions, and design development process.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and project/program managers.
- Draft business case justifications, assist in financial review and approval process.
- Attend project meetings, site field walk downs and ongoing construction.
Facility Asset Management:
- Develop working knowledge of facilities, building systems and maintenance activities.
- Assist in assessment and maintaining facility condition indices (FCI), used to determine facility life cycle costs, preventative maintenance and replacement schedules".
- Make field visits of assets in the portfolio.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or MBA degree in Architecture, Real Estate, Design/ Planning or any related fields at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Cumulative 2.8 GPA or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with PhotoShop a plus.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments concurrently.
- Experience analyzing information, identifying client needs, developing action plans, and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to accurately analyze information, processes, systems, and technologies.
- Attention to detail and the ability to build interpersonal relationships with clients, peers and management.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Location: Rosemead, CA
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- There are 2 positions in Corporate Real Estate.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Click to apply