- ob ID: 71023760
- Job Family: Internship
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with substantial work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2019 and an estimated end date of August/September 2019.
SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are meaningful parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, intern project expo, and cross-company networking.
We're big supporters that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and teamwork.
About Customer Services Organizational Unit:
SCE’s Customer Service Organizational Unit (CS) shares the responsibility to safely deliver reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. We support this effort by working to meet customer expectations. Customer Service is dedicated to operational excellence and innovative thinking through our workforce in our call center, field operations, billing and payment center, outage and demand-side management and other service offerings.
The Engineering Services (ES) organization within SCE’s Customer Programs & Services (CP&S) leads technology assessment programs, provides technical support, analysis and quality control (QC) for SCE’s Demand Side Management (DSM) program portfolio and maintains the laboratory and testing environment. This position is in the Emerging Products group within ES. The successful intern will have hands-on training in technology assessment projects; in data analysis; in product development; and in DSM Programs. The intern will support the CP&S Engineering Services Emerging Products team and the program’s technology assessment projects.
Typical intern responsibilities will include:
- Support of equipment laboratory testing
- Visiting customer field sites for technology performance measurements
- Editing of technical report writing
- Analysis of Emerging Products database entries for project reporting & prioritization
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering or a related technical field at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Cumulative 2.8 GPA or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience understanding graphical data charts & tables and qualitative & quantitative analysis.
- Ability to develop basic report summarizing findings of a laboratory experiment.
- Ability to plan, organize, oversee, prioritize, and lead multiple projects concurrently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to build interpersonal relationships with clients, peers and management.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Location: Rosemead, CA
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY
Click to apply